- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil extra virgin/ unrefined
- 2 Cups chopped yellow onion about 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound grass-fed beef or bison
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 Cup chicken broth or water
- 2.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and saute the onions and peppers. About 7 minutes or until onions start to soften.
Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add the gound beef/bison. Use a spatula or large spoon to break it up as it cooks. Cook until meat is nearly cooked through.
Transfer meat mixture to the slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Set heat to LOW and cook for about 6 hours.